Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas Commercials already?

Given, it's a commercial that I actually kind of like since it uses "Carol of the Bells", but Walmart is already airing holiday ads. And it's only days after Halloween!


On a more serious subject, I expect that many are like me and glad that the current election cycle is basically over. I'm a bit disappointed but I'm not entirely surprised at the outcome.



More meandering... I was looking through some old photos backed up on cds from old computers and came across one of the first pieces I ever knit. I'd taken a 2-hour "learn to knit" class at a used bookstore. We knit a scarf in Fun Fur (yikes!). What did I jump into next? Another scarf? Hats? No. I decided to knit a baby blanket. A big one. We'd only learned to cast on and knit in the class. No purling, no casting off. Thankfully, I had an old needlearts book from the 1950s and my mom to help me work through it. Anyway, the baby blanket. No pattern, just a whole lot of yarn and some size 9 circular needles. I'm happy to say though, several years later the "baby" is still using the blanket.






I also found a picture of the first piece that I knitted and felted. It fit better before it was felted ;-)

No comments: