Monday, October 20, 2008

Back to reality Monday

Well, the weekend camping trip was fun. It was rather late by the time I got there Friday night, but dinner was waiting. Saturday my mom and I went into Corydon to wander through the shops on the square. She likes a place called The Christmas Goose, as do I. I got myself a German-made "smoker" to add to my nutcracker/smoker collection that I put out at Christmastime each year. Oddly, Mom didn't find anything. There was a fiber festival going on at the county fairgrounds, but we didn't quite make it over there.

Sunday was a wonderfully lazy day, mostly spent sitting around the campfire in the quickly-emptying campground. We were right outside of the horse camp area, so we saw lots of horse trailers coming and going. I walked Mom's dog down to that area so I could have a look around.

I headed back home early in the evening since Sunday was when I was to begin taking care of a friend's dogs. Such friendly girls, I almost didn't recognize them when I got to the house. I do believe they've been on a diet!

No comments: